Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mask?

Inside I break a million times and come back together.
The bright line that shines, through the cracks between the pieces.
Holding me together is a fine line sewn together by determination.
and yet... i could break like a levee any time

Beautiful days and songs are then, here, now, present, and future.
I hold onto that piece of hope like the last thing in this world.
Yet, I cannot feel it... I cannot feel the pulse...

I think logically and create secondary plans to keep afloat.
Something slowly cries inside, wanting more in this life.
Worried that I threw it all away just to have nothing stay.
It works out for the better, I tell myself.
Things will be happen... the harder I work, the luckier I get.
and yet.... i feel helpless inside

I surround myself with people to help to hide myself.
Making others I care about smile makes me feel better.
I hide though, I hide with stories and plans.
Can anyone see through? Does anyone see me cry?
I hide well
too well...

Beautiful days and songs are then, here, now, present, and future.
I hold onto that piece of hope like the last thing in this world.
Yet, I cannot feel it... I cannot feel the pulse...

My shadow walks with me inside, do not get my wrong, it lives there.
Living in a place close to where the shadow lived for so long.
I wonder if I can keep from breaking, I tread carefully.
I celebrate my two years and create better constaints.
Yet, I still find ways to hurt myself...
my heart bleeds...

Where did it all go?
Where will I go?
I have vague ideas, but at least I have something.