Monday, December 5, 2011

Turn the page

Questions, questions and more questions
On the quest for answers
Go to hospitals, leave hurting and confused
What is going on? What is wrong?

Listen closely to my body
Hear where it hurts and what ways
Make a list and hope
Enough talking, here's the list

Waiting for the pain to settle
Heat helps and cold hinders
Sleep my sleepless nights
Work through the fog

Appointments come, answers finally
Blood tests say nothing
Body is still talking
Change of pace, change of meds

Through the answers comes peace
Knowing is half the battle
The other half is managing the answer
Modify my life but not going to stop living

So here I am, knowing what I know
Learning my limits as I go
What this fibromyalgia does to me
I will keep on going within my limits

Listen carefully to my body and mind
It is now more important than ever

Some days I will be exhausted
Some days I will be in pain
Some days I will be in a fog
Some days I will be okay