Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Reassured and confident

When it all falls apart
It all falls together
Pieces shifted around
Learn the new placement
Find new space
Time to fill up again
Reacquire knowledge
Very selectively, carefully
It comes back together
Better than it was before
More complete this time
Each time something learned
Give time to let go
Nothing is truly forgotten
Must hold on to that learning
Each time it’s more complete
I feel more like me
Reassured and confident
The feelings fall apart
They bleed together
Harmony is created
Let me be me
Trust in myself
Because I know
My needs, desires and wants
Only I can determine those things
Never let someone push me
The moment of disrespect, all is ruined
Be true and walk away
The final line, the final say
Never ignore those silent hints
They only lead to regret
I’ve had enough regret and deserve better
I can and will do myself justice
Follow my heart
They are intertwined:
My heart, soul, instinct, dreams,
Wants, needs, desires, likes and loves
The life I want is for the taking
It is mine before I have it
All my hard work pays off
Never sell myself short

Trust in myself

(Written 12 march 2014)