You say this isn't the way things were supposed to be
What you say is right in so many ways and now we live with it
Here are the consequences and you are having troubles with them
You say I choose to not give you a chance and you've changed
I remind you of the chances I have given you and didn't take
It became too late for you and I and now we move forward
You say that this isn't fair for you, baby or I with the way things are
Truth is that it hasn't been fair for months on end now and it's over
It may always be over and we will have to make that work too
You have said I need time to heal and time apart and yet...
There is a lack of patience and ability to leave me that time
Yes, there are things to be settled but all I feel is the stress
So many tears shed recently that I feel weak with dehydration
My body is tense with pain that my baby and I do not need
Yes, it would be easier to give in to your demands
You are not winning me back with all this pressure
You are not getting your way and, yes, I am in the driver's seat
This is something you are going to have to get used to
No longer will I bend to everything, welcome stubbornness