I used to think it was no big deal
Something everyone did and it was cool
I used to think that there's nothing wrong
Something that was hidden but accepted
No one admits they have a problem
People live in denial
People do not see it that way
I see it another way
Used to breath my sorrows in and out
Had a crutch to reach at with ease
Now i struggle, toss and turn everyday
Asking myself "is it worth it?" to do this
Should I just cave in and forget about it?
But how can I do that to myself after this
I have come this far why not go all the way
I must come out of this denial
I must see it another way
So, I go to find support and another chance
Friend that once helped me get through it
Thank you for supporting me and giving me strength
I hope you are right and that it will do be good
I'm sure it will. I miss you too, friend
As I listen to my songs and my rational thought
I think to myself that:
it's not a matter of functioning with it
it's being able to function without it